Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What I learned today

(Written on Sat 09.10.11)
Yesterday was a really busy day - got to watch part of another embalming.  Really strange - the guy had blood like used motor oil . . . eeeeww.    He didn't smell too bad, though, so it was more fascinating than disgusting.  It's really amazing how quickly I have became accustomed to being around dead bodies.  They don't phase me in the least right now.

Today we had a training meeting, and I learned a quirky fact: the official location of death is based on the location of the head.  This apparently came into play not that long ago when someone committed suicide by chainsaw in their front yard.  They cut their own head off, and the head ended up in the neighbor's yard, so that's where the death occurred, per the police report.  Apparently the neighbors were none too happy about it.

I'm a tired camper, and the BBQ is over for the night, so I may just pack it in and head to bed.  I'm missing my friends tonight, and am just not feeling up to writing anything noteworthy, let alone witty.

(written Wed 09.14.11)
And I was apparently too tired to hit the "publish" button.  Sooooooooo yeah.  

No comments:

Post a Comment