I kept meaning to post about this earlier, but this week just went bonkers on me.
I had the joy of talking to a fun gentleman the other day - he called asking about a preneed for his wife. He knows the need is coming soon. I asked where she was, thinking that she was in a hospital or on hospice . . . "well, right now she's out shopping with our daughter" was NOT the answer I expected! He proceeded to tell me that he's just trying to get things in order because he's the young one - he's 92 and she is 97. WOW. That is so awesome! He's the cutest thing - he came in to meet with our preneed arranger, and he's soo adorable! I was expecting a walker or something, but he was in jeans, a fishing t-shirt, and just marched right on back to the conference room. I'm so glad we met with him - turns out he's being screwed by another mortuary. They were trying to sell him a preneed plan for her, when in all actuality, she already has TWO that are PAID IN FULL. They are non-revolkable, so he does have to wait until she dies, but at that time, we will take the smaller policy to pay for the services he needs, then submit the contract marked "paid in full" to the other company and they have to mail him a check. He was so happy to be treated with respect and to NOT be sold anything. He took a ton of our flyers and pens, promising to tell all his friends about how wonderful we are to deal with. So YAY!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment