So - - - yeah. Things are crazy right now.
I definitely get the feeling that the main FA in our office thinks I have been hired to be her assistant. NOT the case. My understanding from the owners is that I have been hired to essentially run the office, thus the Office Manager title. Since I am a licensed Funeral Director, that is on my business cards, but I'm not comfortable with what people will think when they see that. They will assume that I have a clue, and I do NOT. I need to learn how to tell her NO when she hands me stuff to do, as I am now running behind on my stuff.
Also, having issues with one of our drivers. For some reason, he's completely lost his work ethic and his motivation . . . some are big things and some are small - all are frustrating. Not answering when he's on-call, not calling when he's out sick, not keeping an eye on inventory, not taking 10 minutes every morning and leaf-blowing the patio and parking lot, not taking care of the van at all, Uuugghh. I don't want to have to fire anyone, let alone someone I really enjoy. He's a great kid, but he's really losing it.
<<sigh>>

No comments:
Post a Comment