Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Catching up

I've missed several days in here.  Let's see what I've missed writing about . . .

Sunday was the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the East coast.  We had nothing planned for the day, so we just spent the day relaxing around the house.  I watched a few programs on 9/11, and when it got too tense, I switched to the Bridezilla marathon. They actually worked together to get my priorities in the right place.  I watched the CBS special that was about the documentary that two brothers were filming with a FDNY unit, starting in July 2011.  It's an amazing thing to see. Though I found much of it disturbing, I'm really glad I watched it all.  I'd highly recommend it to anyone interested in truly a front row seat to First Responders - filmed as it happened.

I have resolved to tell the important people in my life that they ARE the important people in my life. Everything can change in an instant.  I'm pretty good about it already, but I must be vigilant.

Monday, 09.12.11
Starting a new week at work.  I'm really liking my new job - much much more than I really thought I would.  I figured I would need some time to get accustomed to things and to find the joy in the job, but I am already there.  We had a lady come in today to pick up a permit - she was one of the most amazing people I've ever met.  All in one month, she lost her son, her uncle and her mother.  The week after her mother's service, she was in a car accident and totaled her car. Due to all the stress and chaos of her life at that time, she had forgotten to pay her insurance premium, so she was uninsured.  And she has the biggest smile you'd ever want to see.  She was so warm and wonderful, and just had a light around her.  She was in the office for no more than 5 minutes, and by the time she left, both Cyn and I had to hug her, and at least I was nearly in tears.  Soooo emotional.  She was just SO TRULY HAPPY.  It's so hard to explain.  Truly a remarkable experience.

Tuesday, 09.13.11
Kind of a rough day - our driver went home sick.  And he didn't respond to a First Call in the middle of the night.  And yesterday was his girlfriend's birthday.  And not everyone believes the illness. Though EJ and I had a good day, I didn't like the vibe I was getting from the rest of the boys in the company.  I am so grateful that I work with her - she's really a great gal.  Love her to bits.

She had a family appt at 5:30, and since AO went home sick, I felt I should stay with her.  NO WAY I'm leaving anyone there alone!  We didn't get out until nearly 7, so I had to rush to rehearsal.  Got there late, but got there!!

Mary Ellen wants to do a solo in the Broadway piece, and she asked me to double her so she won't lose her nerve.  Steve seemed happy to consider it.  And I nearly fell over when I heard myself telling Steve that I'd sing any solo in the Billy Joel number.  WTF am I thinking??!!!  If I DO end up doing a solo, then I have to decide whether to tell Jon or not.  I would rather it be a surprise, but I suck at keeping things from him for any extended period of time. We shall see . . . :o)

Wednesday, Sept 14, 2011
Yeah, so I'm having a wine cooler right now.  I'm kinda reeling with stuff right now, and for some reason, a Mike's Hard Black Cherry Lemonade sounded good.  And so it is.

Got a call from JM today - her Mom passed away this afternoon.  I was her first call to a friend.  I'm so so sad for her, but we both know this is a good thing.  Death is the ultimate healer.  I have so many memories of her mom.  At least most of mine are good ones - Alzheimer's is a horrid disease.  The whole family has a lot of healing to do now.

I had a neat phone call from a 92yo man, but that will have to wait for another post.  I'm too melancholy at the moment.  I just wish I were with JM right now. :'o(

No comments:

Post a Comment