Powered By Blogger

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Wow - what a start, eh?

Day TWO.  Whoa.

Still not sure what direction this is going to go . . . Part of me wants to 'make a point' and say something that might actually change the world for the better, but that's too serious for me - I need more fun.  Part of me wants to be funny, but that's super hard to do on-demand.  Part of me wants to write more of a journal, but I'm not interesting so I'd end up with stuff I don't want to share, so then what's the point.  Maybe I'll just start out by saying what's on my mind today.

Yesterday, New York legalized same-sex marriage.  FINALLY.  I'm so very happy that this basic idea is marching into the mainstream.  I wish California would get its act together and get this legalized once and for all, so we can all move on.  I just don't get why it's an issue in the first place - it's not like a gay marriage is a threat to anyone.  Seriously - I just don't understand the argument.

Yesterday, I also found out that my wonderful friend's mom is on hospice.  That makes me so very sad.  It puts things into perspective, for sure.  I have a zillion regrets for not being in closer contact with Jules - but we have that kind of friendship. We can pick up where we left off, no matter how long it has been.  But it has been way too long, and that's all my fault.

Well, I'm not enjoying this time spent thinking about me, so I'm stopping for now. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment