Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 27, 2011

High school, Glee, and a new blog

Had an interesting FB exchange with an old high school acquaintance.  Jim (no longer his name - not sure what happened there, but I'm not about to ask) was totally the BMOC - captain of the football and basketball teams, really smart, had the lead in a few plays, pretty handsome for the early 80's, and had the reputation for being a truly NICE guy.  We are FB friends only because almost our whole graduating class is FB friends - easier to plan reunion events that way.  Not that I've ever gone to one of the pricey events, but I digress . . .

Jim posted a new picture of himself that, I swear, looks like he took the picture sometime in the late 80's - he really looks great.  So I posted a thing on his wall stating how unfair it was to the rest of us that he was barely aging.
Dude - you haven't changed one bit. Totally not fair that the rest of us have to age and somehow you don't. Just sayin' . . .
Pretty benign, but I wanted to acknowledge that whatever he was doing to stay healthy and young-looking was definitely working.  
So I get a PM from him a short while later, and that thread went like this:

:))  I'm not a big FB business promoter but the company I work for specializes in Himalayan salt and salt products (solaywellness.com). Detoxifies blood, skin, intestines and respiratory system. It's working!  Thank you for the nice compliment Erin!! I really appreciate you reaching out like this..you have a great looking family!! I often miss and am nostalgic about the 'good ol days'. :)) 

You can claim whatever you want, but I say you're an alien. To claim to be human would just be unfair to the rest of us. ;oP 

I'm glad you found something that works for you! You should be their spokesmodel! :o) :) And thanks for the compliments about my fam. Not sure how I landed the greatest guy ever, but we made a great kid. I'd be lost without them. <3 Take care, and have a great week! ;) 
You landed the greatest guy ever with a beautiful child because YOU DESERVE IT!!! (don't know much more then that). Here's another reminder:  The power of gratitude is a beautiful thing!!! :))
LOL You are completely full of crap, but I'm grateful for your kindness. :o)
Sometimes but not this time..:))
Aaaaaahahahahaaaaaaaa! Are too.
And so it ended there . . . and I couldn't stop thinking about it for the rest of the day.  Thus, I'm blogging about it now LOL.

Why am I so freaked out?  Because I thought I was completely invisible in high school.  Not that I really tried to be, but I certainly didn't want to be noticed for what I was.  I really tried to stay under the radar.  Just the other side of no one ever really talked to me or befriended me in any way, outside of band.  Jim had spoken to me a few times in Jr High and HS simply because we would sit near each other in class (our last names were very close in the alphabet). 

To be totally honest, I pretty much doubt he remembers me - I honestly think he's just being his same nice self.  I kinda want to call him on it, to find out if he knows that he's saying these things to ME, or if he's just saying them to someone he assumes he went to HS with due to our mutual FB friends.  I wanna know, but not bad enough to risk making him feel bad.  And I don't want to force him into a lie, so I'm leaving it alone.  UGH.  I'm such a dork LOL

Another reason this really hit me today was because of the Glee Project episode last night - they sang Mad World and wore big signs stating their biggest vulnerability while filming the video at Universal City Walk.  That episode made me cry.  I knew immediately that my word would be either Unworthy or Ugly.  I guess I'm comfortable saying that here, because I know that I'll never be in a situation where I have to wear my biggest insecurity on my shirt.  I won't ever have to be brave enough to say it out loud for reals.

AND my friend Claudia posted the perfect status update that fits me, and this thread between Jim & me, to a T. So I stole it (and corrected it - my CDO makes me do it!).  And it's this:

If you're not being treated with love & respect, check your Price Tag - perhaps you have marked yourself down. It's YOU who tells people what you're worth by what you accept. Get off the Clearance Rack and get behind the glass where they keep all the VALUABLES!!!! Bottom line . . . VALUE yourself more! (thanks CL!♥)
And immediately upon posting it, Jim 'liked' it.  So crazy.

And I just had an idea for my other blog ~ maybe my I've-got-a-theme-so-I-can-go-public-and-be-famous blog!  Right here, in our own backyard! LOL

CDO - like OCD, except in alphabetical order as it should be.
Yes. I think I like it.  I'll have to see what I can do with it. But I must finish my homework (work I brought home) first LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment